At 8:41 Valentine emergency crews responded to a fire call in Valentine last night at the Crossroads Assembly of God Church on East Highway 20 and 83. According to Valentine Fire Chief Terry Engles the fire caused minor damage and was contained to the South car port area of the building. The Nebraska State Fire Marshalls office determined the cause to be accidental with a torch being used to burn weeds in a flower bed next to the building. Emergency crews including Fire, law enforcement and ambulance were on the scene for about an hour. Chief Engles reminds Valentine residents that there are no open fires allowed in the city of Valentine.