North Central District Health Department (NCDHD) would like to inform the district of an upcoming vaccination event. Rosebud Sioux Tribe, FEMA, and Rosebud Indian Health Service are partnering together to provide a 6,000-person vaccination clinic. The two-day clinic will be held Monday, April 19th 10:00am – 6:00pm and Tuesday, April 20th 9:00am – 4:00pm at the Rosebud Casino 10 miles North of Valentine, NE. No appointment is needed. The main vaccine at this clinic will be Pfizer. Depending on availability, other COVID-19 vaccine types may be offered that day. Nebraska residents with or without tribal status are welcome at the clinic. NCDHD encourages district residents to receive vaccine at any location that is convenient for them. This includes taking advantage of this clinic offering.
Important additional information:
- You should not get a COVID-19 vaccine if you:
- Have had a known COVID-19 exposure and are currently quarantined.
- Have symptoms of COVID-19, including cough, fever, shortness of breath, or loss of taste or smell.
- Have a pending COVID-19 test.
- Have had any other vaccine in the past 14 days.
Additionally, COVID-19 Testing will be available both days at the clinic site. South Dakota childhood immunizations will also be available both days. For any additional questions please contact Sammie Waln, PHN, 605-891-8733 or Callie Raymond, Acting CNO, 605-391-7525.