A regular meeting of the City of Valentine Council is set for Thursday, October 8, at 7 pm at the City Library Meeting Room.
The agenda as of October 6, 2020 is as follows:
City of Valentine
Regular Council Meeting
City Library Meeting Room
Thursday, October 8, 2020
Pledge of Allegiance
Notice of meeting was given according to law. A copy of the open meetings act is posted on the back wall of the meeting room.
1. Meeting called to order
* All items listed with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine by the City Council and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests in which event the item will be removed from the General Order of Business and considered in its normal sequence on the agenda
2. *Review of various board minutes:
a. Regular Library Board meeting minutes of September 28, 2020
b. Airport advisory board meeting minutes of August 6, 2020
c. Planning Commission meeting minutes of September 8, 2020
3. *Approval of the following City Council meeting minutes:
a. Regular Meeting of September 10, 2020
b. Special Meeting of September 28, 2020
4. *Review of the August, 2020 Financial Reports
5. *Approval of the August, 2020 Receipt Reports.
6. *Approval of the September, 2020 Claims & Payroll
7:05 p.m. PUBLIC HEARING: Pursuant to advertisement in the Midland News a Public Hearing will be held to consider a request to make adult entertainment a permitted use in the Business District (C-2)
7:05 p.m. PUBLIC HEARING: Pursuant to notice in the Valentine Midland News, a public hearing will be held for the purpose of reviewing the One and Six Year Road Improvement Program proposed by the City of Valentine, Nebraska.
7. REVIEW/DISCUSSION/ACTION: ORDINANCE NO. 2020-2039M AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF VALENTINE, NEBRASKA AMENDING ARTICLE 4, TABLE 4.4 OF THE VALENTINE ZONING ORDINANCE OF THE MUNICIPAL CODE OF THE CITY OF VALENTINE, NEBRASKA, ORDINANCE NO. 2016-2200M, BY AMENDING TABLE 4.4 TO PROVIDE ADULT ENTERTAINMENT SHALL BE A PERMITTED USE IN THE C-2 DISTRICT
8. REVIEW/DISCUSSION/ACTION: Approve/Deny Jack L Hollopeter Manager application for Bunkhouse Restaurant Co dba The Bunkhouse liquor license
9. REVIEW/DISCUSSION/ACTION: Approve ED loan to Jacob and Chelsy Hamilton for purchase of property at 315 West Hwy 20 for a hair salon business. Terms will be $15,800.00 at 4% interest for 15 years
10. REVIEW/DISCUSSION/ACTION: Resolution to approve the City of Valentine One and Six Year Road Plan for 2020-21
11. REVIEW/DISCUSSION/ACTION: Resolution No. 1008201 providing for authorization to sign the Municipal Annual Certification of Program Compliance for the Nebraska Board of Public Roads Classifications and Standards
12. REVIEW/DISCUSSION/ACTION: Request to consider east/west stop signs at 2nd Street and Government Street