The Nebraska Game and Parks Commission is implementing changes that will affect camping, lodging, or activity plans this season.
- Park offices are closed to the public however some parks will have open kiosks or gatehouses for purchases, directions, and other information.
- Camping is available by reservation only until further notice. They are working to add more camp sites and more park areas to the reservation system to increase opportunities available. There will be no “walk-in” or “first come, first served” camping allowed.
- No tent camping is allowed, and no extra tents with an RV will be allowed.
- No group camping outside of designated campsites or upon beach areas will be allowed.
- Each campsite will be limited to eight guests, and the length of stay will be limited to seven days.
- They will be unable to offer year-to-date reservations. Reservations will be available one month in advance up until the day before arrival for camping and up to three days in advance of arrival for cabins. Reservations made prior to the implementation of the new rules will be honored.
- Park shower houses and modern restrooms will not be open until further notice.
- One (1) self-contained RV or motorhome is allowed per campsite. Individual tents and any campers that are not self-contained will not be permitted.
- If you have an existing reservation and do not have a self-contained camping unit, you may submit a request for a full refund for your reservation
- Campsites will be spaced a minimum distance of 25 feet apart. This will result in the closure of some campsites for the season to maintain this appropriate distance.
- Park grounds are open for fishing, hiking, biking and wildlife watching,
- Game and Parks will continue to evaluate closures and opportunities that can be restored following state guidelines and local directed health measures.
Visit our website at www.outdoornebraska.gov.