Nebraska Joint Information Center Update
March 26, 2020 (LINCOLN, Neb.)
- Gov. Ricketts reminded people to:
- Stay home if they have a fever, cough or shortness of breath.
- Make an appointment with their healthcare provider to determine whether they have influenza, allergies, a cold or COVID-19; and
- Have all members of a household should stay home if they have been in contact with people who have the symptoms of fever, cough and shortness of breath.
- April 1 property tax deadline will not be moved.
- The federal and state income tax deadline has moved to July 15. Gov. Ricketts asked a Nebraskans who have not been impacted by COVID-19 to pay by April 15 to help the state’s cash flow.
- The Governor signed a Daycare Executive Order today that will allow for nonprofits, churches, hospitals, and schools to set up temporary daycares.
- Testing capacity is expanding at CHI Health will begin testing tomorrow.
- The Governor said we will expect to see additional cases in Nebraska due to expanded testing.
Secretary of State Robert Evnen: https://sos.nebraska.gov/elections/early-voting
The statewide primary election on May 12 will go forward as planned. Evnen encouraged people to fill out early voting ballet request forms that will be mailed out to voters or to make a request online. Applications must be completed by May 1.