LINCOLN, Neb. (February 3, 2020) – Nebraska Tourism announced grant awards totaling $812,410.20 in the combined application cycle of the Community Impact and Tourism Marketing Grant programs. The Commission received a total of 66 applications this grant cycle requesting $1,646,819.07 in funding.
The Commission’s grant programs are very competitive and involve a selection committee of grant reviewers from the private and public sectors, and citizens at large.
the purpose of the grant program is to help communities throughout the state to be able to market their destination or event to potential travelers.
Area awardees this grant cycle include:
- $11,500 to Sandhills Journey Scenic Byway for marketing outreach
- $11,500 to Western Nebraska Tourism Coalition for professional photography
- $8,000 to Cherry County Tourism for photography and marketing campaign
- $3,375 to Nebraska’s Junk Jaunt 2020 for event promotion
- $1,500 to Burwell Area/Garfield County Convention and Visitors Bureau for marketing