Valentine's Day Card Contest Details Announced
Friday, 06 November 2015 13:21
The Valentine Chamber of Commerce is pleased to announce that they will once again have a contest to determine the artwork for the official "Valentine from Valentine" for the year 2016. All artists are welcome to compete for the honor that has become an annual tradition. The winner of the contest will win $250 in Chamber Bucks as well.
Original artwork submitted to the Valentine Chamber of Commerce for the contest must be in accordance with the following specifications:
1) Artwork must be submitted on paper size 8.5" x 11".
2) Finished artwork must be submitted in dark ink. No pencil drawings.
3) Artwork submitted must reproduce well in black and white and be proportionate to finished card size.
4) A Valentine's Day verse or greeting must accompany the artwork. The Valentine Chamber of Commerce reserves the right to use that verse or use another of their choice.
5) Artwork and entry must be submitted to the Valentine Chamber of Commerce by Friday, December 18, 2015.
Send your finished artwork to the Valentine Chamber of Commerce, P.O. Box 201, Valentine, NE 69201
Groups Sought to Decorate Christmas Trees
Thursday, 05 November 2015 08:35
Plans are moving forward for the Christmas Parade of Lights and downtown celebration on November 28th in Valentine. Along with the parade at 6pm, numerous Valentine merchants have volunteered their stores to allow community or civic groups to decorate a Christmas tree in their business. At this time they have more businesses than organizations that have volunteered to decorate a tree. If you or your organization would like to decorate a tree contact Debbie Schipporeit at State Farm Insurance at 402 376 2810. They also have parade entry forms available at State Farm and at KVSH Radio. The entire event is designed to thank the businesses in the Valentine area for their tremendous support of all the events and activities in the community.